Typically, our fees will range from £600 inclusive of VAT plus disbursements up to around £2,040 inclusive of VAT.
For example, a purchase of an empty freehold registered property of around £100,000, our costs would be £600 inclusive of VAT, plus the additional charges and disbursements set out below. Whereas a purchase of an unregistered property or a leasehold property for £2m would be £2,040 inclusive of VAT. Typically, fees are slightly higher for new build properties, unregistered properties and leasehold properties.
We are happy to give you a personalised estimate by phone or email – please get in touch.
Our fees cover all of the work required to complete the purchase of your new home or investment, including dealing with registration at the Land Registry and dealing with the payment of Stamp Duty Land Tax (Stamp Duty) if the property is in England, or Land Transaction Tax (Land Tax) if the property you wish to buy is in Wales.
In order to give you an indication of the costs, we can set out the likely costs on a purchase transaction. These are based on the Land Registry’s data on an average price of a property in the UK, £230,000:
- Legal Fee: £720 inclusive of VAT
- Search fees: £265 approximately – there being slight variations in fees charged by some local authorities compared to others – we can give you an exact figure in a personalised estimate
- HM Land Registry fee: £135 if the property is already registered at HM Land Registry as an online submission discount is available. The fee would payable to Land Registry is £270 if the property is currently unregistered.
- Electronic money transfer fee: £30 inclusive of VAT
- Completion of the Stamp Duty Land Tax Return: £84 inclusive of VAT
- Land Registry Priority Search: £3 (per title)
- Bankruptcy Search: £2 (per person)
Estimated total: £1,241
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as Land Registry fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.